Head of Design
We are looking for a Head of Design to join The Mill’s in-house creative studio where design and animation directors focus on originating and developing exceptional work tailored to any brief and media. We strive for creative excellence partnering with brands such as Google, Apple, Facebook, Nike, Adidas, Nintendo, and Coca-Cola. We created this unique opportunity for a creative visionary who wants to inspire and lead a talented team. We are excited for a senior person to join this award winning team and influence our amazing studio.
• Purpose of the role will be to inspire, manage, and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Design Department creative team to elevate creative output.
• Head of Design must have an in-depth understanding of both Design & Motion Graphics and artist development. They must be committed to and have the desire and passion to ensure that the function is highly regarded both internally and externally.
• Head of Design will assign appropriate creative talent and technical resources for each project and help to resolve any changes or issues in project schedules.
• Head of Design will review and implement any systems, procedures and pipelines that will improve efficiency, client service and delivery.
• Work with department to prepare production schedules, allocate work appropriately, balance workloads, monitor progress of projects and meet targets
• Help build firm foundations for the design department by recruiting & developing talent
• Ensure the most effective use of the design departments resources and to ensure the effective production and delivery of design projects to budget and time
• Uphold quality standards and good working practices on all projects undertaken by the department
• Oversee that Department welfare is well managed, liaising with artists on individual projects where necessary & supporting the delivery of work to Mill standard
• Promote the advancement of a Creative Director philosophy at The Mill by encouraging senior designers to take more responsibility in overseeing projects and to be more conceptual/directorial
• Successful integration of the Design Department into the other creative offerings of The Mill LA
• Able to focus direction, work collaboratively and participate in internal brainstorming sessions with other art directors and creative directors
• Monitor department headcount and allocate appropriate skills to projects
Skills, Knowledge and Requirements
• Excellent understanding of the scheduling processes required in all aspects of Motion Design, Motion Graphics, Animation & VFX
• Excellent understanding of people management and motivation
• Experience leading, managing, and mentoring junior creative
• Developed knowledge of the production, visual effects, and advertising industries
• Has a diversified background and a variety of interests to draw inspiration from
• Excellent attention to detail
The Mill will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring.
Additional Application InstructionsPlease send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Office Manager / Production AssistantDress CodeNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 22
Senior VFX GeneralistAtlantic PicturesNew York, NYFeb 22
Motion Graphics Designer & AnimatorGimmie GamesAtlantaFeb 22
Multimedia Designer/Motion Graphics Animator, Content (All Told)Allison + PartnersSan Francisco, CA, USAFeb 22
CG Modelers / Asset Creators / Environment Artists1st Ave MachineBrooklyn, NY, United States / Remote PossibleFeb 21
Latest from the webjobs by
Motion DesignerThe ProgramPortland, OR 9721410 Feb
Multimedia designerAmgadizationRemote20 Feb
3D Animator / Motion Graphic / VFX ArtistMy Animation LifeWork at Home20 Jan
Motion Graphics DesignerWONGDOODYSeattle, WA 9810431 Jan
Motion Graphics Designer / 2D-3D AnimatorTriVision StudiosChantilly, VA 2015119 Feb
DesignerBodega StudiosNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 08
Motion DesignerrukusSt. Louis, MO, United StatesFeb 01
Motion DesignerDigital BrewOrlando, FL, United StatesJan 26
Motion DesignerMLB NetworkSecaucus, NJ, United StatesFeb 10
Teacher/Professor of animationJumblaMelbourne, Victoria, AustraliaFeb 14